POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Checkers : Re: Checkers Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Checkers
From: Nicolas FRANCOIS
Date: 27 Jun 2006 13:01:55
Message: <20060627190154.4c5afddf@detritus.baronie.vez>

> re : coup_royal_hr.jpg
>
> My opinions :
> The black counters need some work.  They definitely need some more
> "specular" in the texture.  The wood texture on the table needs to be scaled
> down and a normal added.

Like this ? Not sure about the normal of the table...

http://nicolas.francois.free.fr/fichiers/povray/damier.jpg
http://nicolas.francois.free.fr/fichiers/povray/damier-zoom.jpg

> Otherwise great image, I absolutely love the white
> counters!  Something you might try is to recess the board and put a sheet of
> glass over it, so the counters rest on that.  Oh, and I love the way the
> reflections just appear on the white squares.

I'm currently building a wood box with a glass window on top, to try your
advice. See you maybe tomorrow.

\bye

PS : nice povblog

                Nicolas FRANCOIS
            nic### [at] freefr
         http://nicolas.francois.free.fr

What is yellow, small and VERY VERY dangerous ?

      A canari bird with a root password.