POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Lens Design with POV ? : Re: Lens Design with POV ? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lens Design with POV ?
From: Daniel Hulme
Date: 19 May 2006 19:20:54
Message: <20060520002215.3905b197@mekanori.mon.istic.org>
> > > Is this the sort of thing?
> > > http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Lens_(optics)
> >
> >   Why not give an url to the original article, which has the images
> >   etc. intact and not raped like in that site?

> You really take the biscuit, Warp. I just hope you are not as rude and
> pretentious to your students as you are to people on these newsgroups.
I struggle to find a way of reading Warp's comment to be more rude than
what sites like the one you link to do to Wikipedia. Now, as a supporter
of truly free information, I must accept that there is nothing *wrong*
with what they do, but it's damned ungentlemanly, and it isn't good for
promulgation of information.

--
And for mile after mile you'll never see me tire/You'll never me me slow
down for a while/'Cause I am the fox, like it or not/I'm always gonna be