POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Roller Coaster WIP 2 (MPEG1, DivX link) : Re: Roller Coaster WIP 2 (MPEG1, DivX link) Server Time
3 Jul 2024 02:40:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Roller Coaster WIP 2 (MPEG1, DivX link)
From: Daniel Hulme
Date: 23 Apr 2006 06:46:11
Message: <20060423114628.4ad698e9@mekanori.mon.istic.org>
> I't very strange to see how little information it actually in the U
> and V. The top-right image is composed form just the U and V data (Y
> fixed at 50%) The bottom image is just the Y data.
Another good way to see how little is in U and V is to split the image
up as you have done, and then blur one of the planes, and then
recombine them into a single image. Blurring the U and V planes has very
little effect compared to blurring the Y plane by the same amount.

Another fun demonstration is to combine the Y plane from one image with
the U and V planes from an unrelated image. The result looks much more
like the Y image.

There are lots of other sets of data you can do the same sort of demos
on, for example: the phase of the Fourier transform of an image conveys
much more information than the amplitude.

--
I can blink the lights and cat you files full of sad things, We can play
XPilot just for two,  I can serenade and gently play all your ogg files,