POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV 1.2.1 released : Re: MegaPOV 1.2.1 released Server Time
14 May 2024 14:31:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV 1.2.1 released
From: Daniel Hulme
Date: 6 Sep 2005 11:58:07
Message: <20050906165809.19681ce1@dh286.pem.cam.ac.uk>
> > File Context (5 lines):
> >     // 3. SOR Switch
> >     // 4. SOR Offset
> >     // 5. SOR Angle
> > #declare f_algbr_cyl2 = function { internal(1)
> > Parse Error: Function 'internal(-1)' does not exist.
>
> This does not make much sense
Yes, we've already been through that, but it makes even less sense than
you think. Look again at the excerpt from the file: even the parser
accepts that the file says "internal(1)". So the value is not getting
trashed in the file, it's getting trashed somewhere inside the parser.
This could be a *very* subtle bug in POV-Ray that only manifests itself
under certain circumstances, or it could be a more general system
problem. That the kernel complained about "Unable to handle kernel NULL
pointer dereference" leads me to agree with you and suspect the latter
case.

Willem, it looks like either your kernel or your hardware is broken (or
both, but let's not be pessimistic). Do you have more widespread system
instability or program crashes? If not, it could be that POV-Ray is
exercising your system in such a way as to trigger a kernel or hardware
bug, and in a way other programs you run don't.

--
Though  I'm deep  inside a storm  it won't  defeat  me,  Floating  free.
Look out  here comes trouble,  Maybe I'm  just pushing through  a dream,