POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to make a reflection on a mirror : Re: How to make a reflection on a mirror Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:19:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to make a reflection on a mirror
From: Daniel Hulme
Date: 29 Jun 2005 08:11:23
Message: <20050629131122.46721c50@dh286.pem.cam.ac.uk>
> How to achieve the following:
> a bunch of light rays on a mirror then reflected by the mirror, the
> angle of incidence is equal to the angle of reflection.
Look at section 3.5.3.4 of the manual, which describes the "reflection"
keyword. In short, to make an object perfectly reflective like a mirror,
you want to write something like:

plane {
  x,0
  finish {
    reflection {1.0}
    ambient 0
    diffuse 0
  }
}

--
"The  rules  of  programming  are  transitory;  only  Tao  is  eternal.
 Therefore you  must contemplate Tao before you receive  enlightenment."