POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Area lights vs spotlight : Re: Area lights vs spotlight Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:29:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Area lights vs spotlight
From: Daniel Hulme
Date: 21 May 2005 09:32:30
Message: <20050521143230.20a6a585@dh286.pem.cam.ac.uk>
> Maybe another idea would be a different form of adaptive sampling:
> start with no pre-fixed number of lights in the area light, but
> proceed by halving until the shadow delta is "good enough" (where the
> user chooses the "good enough" instead of the number of lights)?

I think this would be feasible but no better than the current method.
You would also have to think hard about how this affects specular
highlights.

Daniel
--
Now  as he walked by the sea  of Galilee,  he saw  Simon and Andrew  his
brother casting a spam into the net:  for they were phishers.  And Jesus