POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : having trouble visualising normals : Re: having trouble visualising normals Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:26:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: having trouble visualising normals
From: Daniel Hulme
Date: 1 Mar 2005 12:46:36
Message: <20050301174636.3875b590@dh286.pem.cam.ac.uk>
>   You'll just get a sphere which lighting is a bit odd-looking.
> (Also if it's reflecting, the reflections will look a bit odd too.)
Well, not in this case. It's for my project, and the normal pattern
applied to the object determines the direction the strands of fur have
when they leave the surface (i.e. the strands point in the direction of
the perturbed surface normals). It's not doing what I expect it to do,
and I'm not sure whether it's the code or my expectations that are
buggy :->

Thanks for the hint,
Daniel

--
I went to the CO guess what he told me guess what he told me | apologies
He said  boy u better learn to like Win  no matter what u do | to Prince