POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : projects, fur, and PoV : Re: projects, fur, and PoV Server Time
30 Jun 2024 12:14:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: projects, fur, and PoV
From: Daniel Hulme
Date: 17 Aug 2004 03:50:45
Message: <20040817085045.711b1dfe@dh286.pem.cam.ac.uk>
> Thomas Willhalm made an addition to POV-Ray some years ago where above
> two materials were mixed. AFAIK this will be available in next MegaPOV
> which eventually can be released before end of the period you have for
> your project. It's also available in the form of addition to some
> outdated sources

That's very interesting, but having looked at the sample picture and the
documentation describing the feature, I think I can do better than that.
I was intending to write my patch so as to be compatible with this one
(i.e. the same scene file can be made to use the other one just by
changing a single parameter) but looking at the syntax this patch uses
we seem to have completely different ideas about how it should work.

My project will go forward as planned; I may decide to run off a few
simple pictures using this patch for comparative purposes in the
'evaluation' stage, but I will not even be looking at the code.

Daniel

--
A most peculiar man    With the windows closed      And Mrs Reardon says
He died last Saturday  So he'd never wake up  He has a brother somewhere