POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : IRTC Irritation : Re: IRTC Irritation Server Time
28 Apr 2024 18:42:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Irritation
From: Daniel Hulme
Date: 6 Jul 2004 13:05:56
Message: <20040706180556.5caaab32@dh286.pem.cam.ac.uk>
> Browsing the current round's viewing page, I'm seing some
> thrown-together entries, which were obviously tossed together in a
> modeller in haste (of course, you'd never know how they were created.)

Well, lots of them seem to be school entries. Even on those that aren't,
there are a shocking number of comments of the form "I didn't really
have time to finish this one off", where it shows in the picture.

There are only so many points you can give to a couple of boxes with
standard Bryce textures on a standard Bryce background. OK, they may be
children, so I can't be too harsh, but you wouldn't expect a school
English class to be shortlisted for the Booker Prize either (well,
except in my primary school, where we ran our own Booker Prize), so you
wouldn't expect them to do well in a contest populated by world-class CG
artists either.

The difference between the best entries, the good entries, and the
scribbles is of epic proportions, one might say.

btw, I think I might have lost this one... there are at least six
entries better than mine.

Daniel

--
Misinformation followed us like a plague      You can beat us with wires
Nobody knew from time to time                You can beat us with chains