POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Deployment of POV-Ray on Windows 2000 in a school : Re: Deployment of POV-Ray on Windows 2000 in a school Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:10:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Deployment of POV-Ray on Windows 2000 in a school
From: Soeren Kuklau
Date: 23 Jul 2003 17:14:34
Message: <20030723231433742+0200@news.povray.org>
Theo Gottwald * wrote on 22 Jul 2003 02:33  Uhr:
> People like to make things ten times. I cannot recommend that to you,
> Soeren.

I'm more of a lazy person, trust me.

> Therefore we (from Winrobots see www.winrobots.com) just take this
> installer to install the programm automatically. No MSI etc. is needed.
> Why use complicated technology to make a "repackaging" if its not
> necessary because everything (Installation/Deeinstallation) is already
> there and tested from those people who made the program?

Because Windows 2000 Server works with MSI. That's why. The only other
choice offered is ZAP, which I wouldn't want to use even when forced to.

I'd like to know what Network Rendering has to do with automatically
deploying an application over a network, btw. What you're probably doing
is just letting the Wise Installer run in silent mode. I could of course
create a script that does something similar, but that sounds way more
complicated to me than just going the route I took.

As a sidenode, I think I fixed the problem.

Thanks anyway.

--

<http://www.chucker.rasdi.net>