POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Problems running POV 3.5 on Debian/Solaris remotely : Re: Problems running POV 3.5 on Debian/Solaris remotely Server Time
8 Jul 2024 18:20:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems running POV 3.5 on Debian/Solaris remotely
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 9 May 2003 03:08:31
Message: <20030509090831.5bb4195e.jaimevives@ignorancia.org>
On Fri, 09 May 2003 10:01:44 +0300
Peter Popov <pet### [at] vipbg> wrote:

> On Thu, 08 May 2003 12:13:11 +0200, Christoph Hormann
> <chr### [at] schunteretctu-bsde> wrote:
>
> >First you don't need all cygwin components
>
> Does it feature some package selection tool with dependencies a-la
> Debian? Last time I played with cygwin it was a nightmare to
> custom-install.

  I just tried and it has a very fine setup. I easily selected my
prefered packages, and it installed softly (using a mirror on belgium,
as the spanish one was very slow, as usual).

  It's really nice... I was not aware of what cygwin really was....
Thanks for insisting Christoph!!!

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia