POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray script to OpenGL? : Re: Povray script to OpenGL? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:14:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray script to OpenGL?
From: Christian Liesch
Date: 25 Mar 2003 09:30:55
Message: <20030325153055.4b9ba653.liesch@gmx.ch>
On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 11:01:47 -0000
"Tom Melly" <tom### [at] tomandlucouk> wrote:

> "Christian Liesch" <lie### [at] gmxch> wrote in message
> news:200### [at] gmxch...
> > Hmmm, not very encouraging :-P
>
> No, but understandable. As you say, a subset is possible, but translating a
> complex CSG which uses macros to construct it's geometry? Iso-surfaces? Yeech.

Of course just a subset:
- differences
- unions
- box
- cylinder
- scaling, translation, rotation

Ok. I just wonder that there is no convertion to any other Graphical system, cause
povray is a realy easy to use tool to build up modells and best of all it is a clear
text script not a binary...

In the meantime I found a Project, which convert a povray script into gts and stl, but
it can not handle scaling. So I have to program something addional stuff for it.

http://www.kritzner.de/

regards, Chrsitian