POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Wavelength to RGB converter? : Re: Wavelength to RGB converter? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:22:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wavelength to RGB converter?
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 1 Mar 2003 11:22:41
Message: <20030301172241.0b6e3890.jaimevives@ignorancia.org>
On Sat, 1 Mar 2003 15:49:27 +0000
kav### [at] delete_thisfocalimagecom (Kaveh) wrote:

> I just downloaded all those and saw that. It is *exactly* what I need.

  Nice! And don't forget to show us the results!

> And congratulations for doing so much work on color. It's not an easy
> field!

  Yeah... but here all the merit goes to Ive, who done the hard work
researching and implementing color transformations. I'm still learning
and trying to understand it all, but I know already enough to see that
there are plenty of potential applications for CIE.inc.

> I am probably doing something silly here, but when I run your test
> file:

  Oh! No! You used the non-tested example on the readme! :)

> I get an error:
>
> ===============
> Parsing...File: rgbtest.pov  Line: 1

  Hmmmm... line 1 ????

> It complains that Wp_Daylight_Film is not initialized, but it is, in
> lightsys_CIE-sRGB. Can you see what I am doing wrong?

  Sorry, I've not tested this example, and it is not functional as it
does not contains any scenery. Better try any of the demo files
included, for example demo_basic.pov.

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia