POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Spheresweep problem : Re: Spheresweep problem Server Time
4 Aug 2024 12:14:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spheresweep problem
From: ABX
Date: 6 May 2003 14:20:05
Message: <1rufbvol97bieuhp090nop1huuva7vjmer@4ax.com>
On 6 May 2003 13:52:05 -0400, "Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <raf### [at] raf256com> wrote:
> I wanted to use sphere_sweep to generate a scalled torus, like
>   torus { 10,5 scale <4,1,1>
> *but* I wanted it's section to be a circle (and not to get deformed)
> - so I wanted an cylinder wrapped into elipse shape.
>
> But usig sphere sweep didnt help:
>   http://www.raf256.com/3d/torus_as_spline.jpg

First of all your filename shows that you do not understand that torus can't be
spline. Spline is not object. Sphere_sweep is not spline.

> as we see in "yellow" segment - section is deformed.

Is top object viewed from top ? Then presented crossection is what you asked
for. Think about it.

If I understand your intentions corectly the only ideal solution here is some
playing with functions and using it in isosurface.

ABX