POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Questionable Content on the Newsgroups : Re: Questionable Content on the Newsgroups Server Time
3 Aug 2024 20:21:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Questionable Content on the Newsgroups
From: IMBJR
Date: 5 Apr 2004 16:31:02
Message: <1ng370tbj1huv1mbt3mltc82b7einc0m91@4ax.com>
On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 12:49:23 +0200, Florian Brucker
<tor### [at] torfboldcom> wrote:

>I think this community is intelligent enough not to tolerate somebody
>who crosses the lines several times (anyone heard something about Bill
>lately? Well, aside from that april fool, of course *g*). It's just that
>  it is tolerated longer than in other communities I know.
>
>I got no problem with the content of IMBJR's posts (but that *is* a
>personal opinion). But, as others already pointed out, his attitude is
>just plain stupid (again, my personal opinion). IMHO all he wants to is
>to create emotions like the one in this thread. I do not think that we
>should give him that success.
>
>IMO the best solution is still the good ol' killfile. If this won't work
>on your system, simply ignore his posts. Trolls can't live with being
>ignored.

1. I'm no troll.

2. I don't require reaction or comment.

3. Yes. You will be seeing much of me in the future.

>> It is because of this I won't be posting anything there anymore.
>I think that would be kind of a childish reaction. I do not see how this
>would solve the problem. I love your images and - in contrast to IMBJR -
>you are a great member of this community. If everybody who is displeased
>by IMBJR's post would stop posting, he had reached his goal.
>
>Conclusion: Igonore this troll. He will either get more and more
>agressive (and will be baned) or simply die in some lonely corner.

See above. And:

4. You also note I've become less aggressive since the start of my
most recent posting season here.

My First Subgenius Picture Book:
http://www.imbjr.com