POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Plane as BLOB_ELEMENT? : Re: Plane as BLOB_ELEMENT? Server Time
28 Sep 2024 16:50:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Plane as BLOB_ELEMENT?
From: Andreas Kaiser
Date: 5 Feb 2004 14:48:22
Message: <1m652012sja3u5d754sh0gsgj7g18i44tc@4ax.com>
On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 19:16:51 -0800, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:

>Andreas Kaiser wrote:
>>
>> Is there any interest in 'PLANE' as a element of the BLOB object? I
>> introduced it in my private version when I tried to understand how
>> BLOB works.
>> It is not so overwhelming but easy to add.
>
>Could you elaborate more on the benefits that a plane element brings to
>the blob object. I don't really understand where an infinite object would
>be useful in that application.

Well, without any other BLOB element it is at least as useful as a
normal PLANE (assuming positive strength value).
In contrast to a normal plane, which divides space into two half
spaces, my plane as a BLOB element has a default thickness (affected
by scaling transformations), so it's equivalent to the intersection of
two anti-parallel planes.

--
Andreas