POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : diagnosing a segmentation fault in 3.7 RC7 for linux : Re: diagnosing a segmentation fault in 3.7 RC7 for linux Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:19:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: diagnosing a segmentation fault in 3.7 RC7 for linux
From: Yvo Smellenbergh
Date: 3 Mar 2013 02:28:18
Message: <1kz5deh.hr6mnbvsmphqN%yvo.s@cancel_This_gmx.net>
RM <ric### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> the only thread.cpp file i found was for boost.
That is the one.

> i dont wish to recompile boost to fix this because of the way fedora updates
> packages. it would go away once an update was done to boost.
There are only a few files you need to compile from boost for PovRay.
Why don't you include them when you compile and ignore the fedora
package of boost?
For boost 1.45 you only have to compile the following files. If you use
later versions you need extra files but v 1.45 is fine.
 /libs/thread/src/tss_null.cpp
/libs/thread/src/pthread/thread.cpp << add stack fix in this one
/libs/thread/src/pthread/once.cpp

/libs/date_time/src/posix_time_types.cpp
I don't know if you need these but I use them somewhere in my Mac
compile:
/libs/date_time/src/gregorian/date_generators.cpp
/libs/date_time/src/gregorian/greg_month.cpp
/libs/date_time/src/gregorian/greg_weekday.cpp
/libs/date_time/src/gregorian/gregorian_types.cpp

> is there a way to only affect the stack size for povray?
> is there a runtime parameter or something that can be specified for it at
> compile time?
No, once there was a fix for this in a patched boost lib used by PovRay
but then you also had to compile it with the whole package to use it.

Yvo

--
MegaPOV at:  http://megapov.inetart.net