POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : JPEG2000 : Re: JPEG2000 Server Time
4 Aug 2024 02:19:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPEG2000
From: IMBJR
Date: 9 Mar 2004 18:24:48
Message: <1kks40pm331veesda157r26ivulhfl5cj1@4ax.com>
On 9 Mar 2004 18:11:38 -0500, Tom Galvin <tom### [at] imporg> wrote:

>IMBJR <no### [at] spamhere> wrote in
>

>> Any rules I have broken I have corrected myself on. I'm no longer
>> using foul language. The format postings were, after all, permitted.
>> Yes, I certainly appear rude to some, but let's face it, when in
>> argument with others, one certainly will appear rude.
>>

>IMHO, I think most people who frequent this server prefer having a
>discussion rather than an argument.

Titter. That's just a way of glossing over what's going on.

>Perhaps you misunderstood the intent
>of my earlier quote of the the Acceptable Use Policy.  That specific
>paragraph not only referenced profanity, but conduct as well.  Rude
>behavior and harrasment are not condoned.  I include the relevant paragraph
>below.
>
>    Users of this news server may not post messages that could
>    reasonably be expected, by today's standards, to cause another
>    reasonable person to not want to use or visit this server due
>    to a feeling of harassment. Personal attacks, exhibiting
>    insulting or abusive behavior, are not an acceptable activity
>    on this news server. Likewise, the use of profanity is also
>    considered unacceptable.

This shall endevour to adhere to.

Interestingly, though it does tend to make for a blander world though
and is horribly open to interpretation.

I mean, exactly what would a personal attack on a newsgroup look like?
A personal attack for me is a physical thing. For someone else who,
say, has a weight problem its a reference to their girth. If you are
not careful you end up pandering to the emotionally fragile.

My First Subgenius Picture Book:
http://www.imbjr.com