POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Text textures? : Text textures? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:18:54 EDT (-0400)
  Text textures?
From: Giuseppe Bilotta
Date: 19 May 2005 01:54:03
Message: <1imjmawfyhuaa$.1b8c1opq9icei$.dlg@40tude.net>
Hello all,

I definitively qualify as a newuser (heard about POV-Ray for the first
time last summer on a conference on TeX), so I might have missed
something obvious in the documentation, but for the heart of me I
can't find a simple, immediate way to "stamp" some text on an object,
esp. a curved one. For example: how would you write some text on a
spherical surface?

I've tried what seemed the most obvious thing, that is using an object
pattern where the object was a text object, but the results are barely
decent because the color alternation is based on the intersection with
the object, so the curved surface isn't followed in all aspects.

Is there some commonly used way to do it?

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

Axiom I of the Giuseppe Bilotta
theory of IT: