POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : White spots. A bug? : Re: White spots. A bug? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:28:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: White spots. A bug?
From: Smellenbergh
Date: 2 Sep 2005 11:40:50
Message: <1h29v7g.1ns7ucu1hns4woN%smellenbergh@skynet.be>
AnaMark <mh### [at] homologde> wrote:

> White spots appear at the edges of the cutted torus. I use POVray
> 3.6.1.icl8.win32 and Win2k (1GB RAM, 1GHz Pentium).

The white spots are a result of the changed clipping of colors in
POV-Ray 3.6 . Using anti-aliasing will accentuate the problem.

Either go back to POV-Ray 3.5 for the old behaviour, or use MegaPOV 1.21
and the tone mapping feature.

With MegaPOV 1.21, add the following to the source to get the POV-Ray
3.5 clipping:

#version unofficial MegaPov 1.21;
global_settings {
  tone_mapping { function { min(1,x) } }
}

or use the macro from the tone_mapping.inc file:

#include "tone_mapping.inc"
#version unofficial MegaPov 1.21;
global_settings {
  Clip_Colors()