POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wacom tablet : Re: Wacom tablet Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:22:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wacom tablet
From: Stephen
Date: 17 Sep 2009 18:46:53
Message: <1ge5b5d03geor8o2keg70c8mpu0mva9rb4@4ax.com>
On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 20:38:07 +0100, Orchid XP v8 <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

>Stephen wrote:
>
>> Don't be afraid of not using the whole area.
>
>OK, now I'm puzzled... Tablets use absolute positioning. So how do you
>only use a small area?

Map a small area to the full screen area.

Think of moving a mouse the actual distance the cursor moves onscreen. Not very
ergonomic is it? For quick movements I can map the screen diagonal to be a
couple of inches movement on the tablet. That means that I can keep the heal of
my hand stationary and just move my thumb and forefinger for the courser to
transverse the whole of the screen. If I want a fine control, by tapping a
button on the tablet I can toggle to the whole tablet to being the area of the
screen.
Also I can use gestures for keyboard functions. If I draw a line that is down
then right I get an "Enter" action, a capital P prints, a cap S saves the
document etc.

--

Regards
     Stephen