POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Controlling animation from within pov file : Controlling animation from within pov file Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:26:53 EDT (-0400)
  Controlling animation from within pov file
From: Kaveh
Date: 15 Aug 2003 16:13:20
Message: <1fzr400.7sndjy1q98mt4N%kaveh@delete_this.focalimage.com>
I am running povray on Mac OS X, under Unix command line.

So far I have been creating animations by using the command line, not
.ini files.

Is it possible for the .pov file to decide whether an animation is run
and the number of frames, etc? For instance is it possible for the .pov
file to write out an .ini file and read it back again?

The reason for this is I want the user to make changes in one place
only, not two.

I am using makefile, so I can program that to run several stages if
necessary.

Any comments appreciated.

--
Kaveh