POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Why left-handed coordinate system? : Re: Why left-handed coordinate system? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:14:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why left-handed coordinate system?
From: Kaveh
Date: 21 Nov 2002 00:54:49
Message: <1flzwug.uvaglw8xb2meN%kaveh@delete_this.focalimage.com>
Kaveh <kav### [at] delete_thisfocalimagecom> wrote:

> As I am not comfortable with a left-handed
> screw, I now have to use my left hand.

Oh boy. I *knew* I would get myself into trouble at last. :-(

Just a little anecdote I remember, in our physics class. A friend had
terrible trouble using the right hand finger rule. He said it always
came out the wrong way. When I asked him to demonstrate it to me, he was
holding his index and third fingers in the wrong directions, with the
third pointing fingers forwards, the index bent!

--
Kaveh