POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [Mac] menu shortcuts from preview window : Re: [Mac] menu shortcuts from preview window Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:21:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Mac] menu shortcuts from preview window
From: Stéphane Nicolet
Date: 10 May 2002 14:07:17
Message: <1fbzh6u.n8pcls1tf5v1gN%cassio@free.fr>

> I agree this isn't ideal, but so far no good solution to keep both features
> has been found.

I agree too that the current behaviour is a little bit frustrating,
compared with the perfect 3.1g behaviour.

There might be some workarounds, however, for the very common situation
where the scene rendered in the current preview window is still in
another window.

Why not just keep a pointer to the scene file in the preview window (or
maybe just a string containing the name of the scene file); then when
the user hits cmd-R or cmd-I while a preview window is frontmost, check
if the scene is still in memory, in which case you can bring the
appropriate dialog window(s) for quality settings, etc...

Hope this simple idea helps :-)
Stephane.