POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Compiling MacMagePov vx.x (Chris Huff????? :-) ) : Re: Compiling MacMagePov vx.x (Chris Huff????? :-) ) Server Time
1 Jul 2024 05:05:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling MacMagePov vx.x (Chris Huff????? :-) )
From: smellenbergh
Date: 16 May 2000 12:03:36
Message: <1eaqje5.h5zd5mfun1j4N%smellenbergh@skynet.be>
Moon47 <rdm### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:

> I notice a couple of problems... Well one problem and one preferable
> fix...
>
> Firstly the keywords are not recognized by the official GUI i.e.. method,
> function,,,
> This is not that big of a deal though... I'm sure there is a simple
> solution too...
Yes, we did not update that file. In the unofficial version the keywords
are set up automatically but the official version needs a separate file
(keywords.r). If you update that one by comparing with the keywords in
tokenize.c and recompile you should get a correct syntax coloring. Don't
know if you should keep them in alphabetical order for the syntax
coloring to work, did not get that deep in the source.
However, its only cosmetic, it does not affect the working of MegaPov.

> Secondly and more importantly the radiosity button does not seem to be
> working on the official GUI... checking the radiosity button usually ( in
> the official/official ) sets radiosity to the defaults and renders a .rca
> file first then runs the regular pixel bu pixel render... Maybe the Mega
> radiosity works differently... ??? I noticed this in the compile of 0.4
> with the official GUI that Chris Huff sent me...??? Is there something
> else i have to do to use radiosity or is it not interacting w/ the GUI as
> it should...???
Simple, please read the manual because radiosity is set by the global
settings. Take a look at some of the example scenes provided with
xxxMegaPov 0.x.

Smellenbergh(s)

--
e-mail:sme### [at] skynetbe