POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Text in MacMegaPov : Re: Text in MacMegaPov Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:17:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Text in MacMegaPov
From: smellenbergh
Date: 25 Jan 2000 14:41:00
Message: <1e4z8uy.98oe1s1n2asasN%smellenbergh@skynet.be>
Josh English <eng### [at] spiritonecom> wrote:

> Has anyone tried including a .ttf font into a scene using MacMegaPov
> 0.3? I get a whole string of errors.  It tells me that it can't find the
> character "xxx" where "xxx" is the hexadecimal code (I think that's hex,
> anyway) for every character.
This only happens with Mac converted fonts. At least, that's what we
found out. We can use all original windows true type fonts.
If we use the little utility that comes with the official 3.1 Macintosh
version to convert the installed Mac fonts, we can use some converted
Mac fonts (like verdana) but most of them are unusable.

We can not verify at this moment if the number of usable converted fonts
has decreased since the december release. If we remember well, there are
no changes between the december version and the current in the handling
of the true type fonts object.

The official Mac Team does warn that not all converted fonts are usable,
perhaps nothing has changed yet.

Smellenbergh

--
e-mail:sme### [at] skynetbe