POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Cone bug and the bounding box : Re: Cone bug and the bounding box Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:18:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cone bug and the bounding box
From: smellenbergh
Date: 6 Oct 1999 16:35:14
Message: <1dz9n4t.vmbohral0jryN@dialup187.leuven.skynet.be>
J. Grimbert <jgr### [at] atos-groupcom> wrote:

Hi,
[...]

Well, a very big thank you!
Now it works and the bounding boxes are as tight as they can get. We see
it immediately when draw vista buffer is on.

Your fix is a whole lot simpler than ours. :-)

Since you seem to understand the POV-Ray code so well, have you ever
tried the no_image and no_reflection patch of Eric Brown
(http://www.stolaf.edu/people/brownen/wwwroot_new/research/index.html)
changed sources at
(http://www.stolaf.edu/people/brownen/wwwroot_new/research/changes.zip)

We tried it and it works except for the no_image option when you turn on
the auto bounding system of POV-Ray (make sure it is used by setting the
numer of objects to 1). With the auto bounding on, no_image will also
remove the shadow. If you turn the autobounding off, it works as
expected.
Also, it doesn't seem to work with the text object. Area lights are also
not working but that we can fix ourselves.

It's a nice patch, we would like to include it in one of our next
updates but we are unable to fix it.
Perhaps you can.....?

Thanks again for fixing the cone bug and hope to hear from you again,

Smellenbergh

--
e-mail:sme### [at] skynetbe

http://users.skynet.be/smellenbergh