POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Allocating further than 128 to POV : Re: Allocating further than 128 to POV Server Time
3 Jul 2024 04:32:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Allocating further than 128 to POV
From: Jean-Luc Peuriere
Date: 5 Aug 1999 07:55:05
Message: <1dw1b19.10j8irn1bkz1h2N@st-etienne-2-74.club-internet.fr>

> No, just weak memory management of the CodeWarrior libraries, it has nothing
> to do with 128 MB, depending on the scene you will find such a problem with
> 20 MB or with 500 MB. Did you try 3.1g.r1 yet? It can reduce such problems
> as well.   3.5 will likely have a custom memory management system to
> eliminate the problems once and for all.

For 3.1g.r1 same problem.

If codewarrior memory management is somewhat weak, I still think there
is a problem of adressing space. I was able to render the scenes with a
smaller system, thus going under the 128 Mo and it worked fine.

But if memory management is improved with 3.5 that's a great news.

I'm new to this newsgroup, so I have only the "POV-Team Plans for 1999"
document as evolution planning. What is the timeline for 3.5 ?

JL Peuriere

--
GG: Si maintenant on introduit le concept de normalite des bugs,
    ou va l'informatique ?