POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Updated color dispersion page at Newcolor : Re: Updated color dispersion page at Newcolor Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:22:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Updated color dispersion page at Newcolor
From: smellenbergh
Date: 10 Feb 1999 15:33:21
Message: <1dn0yzn.umllv11xzv8tuN@dialup123.leuven.skynet.be>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:

> Daren Scot Wilson wrote:
>
> > I've updated my web page on color dispersion to include links to unofficial
> > compiles for MS Windows and Mac.  Now all you non-programmers can enjoy this
> > new feature!
>
> Is this identical to the patch that Mike has on his site ?
>
> If not what are the differences/advantages/disadvantages ?
>
> Thank you,

Yes and no, we only added the dispersion patch to our unofficial compile
for macintosh (ppc and 68k/fpu/non-fpu).

We also included the spheresweep patch and and the spline patch.
There are also some differences between our unofficial compile and the
official compile for the Mac.
We have some nice template forms to speed up creating scenes, you can
use them in combination with the built in editor wich allows for
multiple open files.
Rendering speed improved also,...  just take a look and try it!
That's if you have a mac :-)

Note: we have taken advantage of Mike's hard work to port the dispersion
patch to the windows platform.
We used his modified sources, so in that way the dispersion patch is
exactly the same.
Thanks Mike !

--
e-mail:sme### [at] skynetbe