POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Renderslaves : Renderslaves Server Time
13 Aug 2024 23:23:55 EDT (-0400)
  Renderslaves
From: Mathias Broxvall
Date: 13 May 1998 17:24:04
Message: <1d8zps7.brcy3yjxdqsoN@dialup78-2-26.swipnet.se>
Hi - Sorry to post this outside the movieproject-thread, but
I think that one has grown large enough now, and I couln't find
a suitable article to 'reply-to'...
Anyway what I  meant to say is that almost everyone seem to talk
about their computer speed when they suggest themself as
renderslaves. Isn't part of the question what kind of internet
connection they have. What point is it to render 2-3 megs of
pictures every day when you only have a 14.4K modem line to
distribute it with. It would be expensive for the slaves with
the connection costs...
Any opinions?

/ Mathias Broxvall