POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature idea: Superpixel Antialiasing : Re: Feature idea: Superpixel Antialiasing Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:15:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature idea: Superpixel Antialiasing
From: ABX
Date: 22 Sep 2003 09:55:02
Message: <1bvtmvonhn1o16vjkqrmcm3c0nbvuhtfii@4ax.com>
On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:44:59 +0200, "Rune" <run### [at] runevisioncom> wrote:
> Sort of, yes. The problems with the current mosaic preview are that it
> is not adaptive, and that the mosaic samples are wasted in the end,
> since the final pass goes all from scratch.

What about rendering with lower image dimensions and double click in WinPOV on
title bar of render window ? Then you have antialiased boxes in enlarged
window ;-)

> Furthermore, mosaic previews
> are of no use when you want to make a test *animation* render.

Hmm, In this case I would render with lower resolution and order mpeg encoder
to rescale frames to desired dimensions to not waste space on drive for larger
images. At leas TMPG has rescaling of frames. Of course this could be always
done in mpeg player with rescaling window. Or perhaps I did not understood
your problem...

> the superpixel antialiasing render is
> meant to finish rendering, and it only uses samples where there actually
> *are* details

How do you imagine to "know" in renderer that pigment used on sky has less or
more details from applied turbilence ?

ABX