POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Why left-handed coordinate system? : Re: Why left-handed coordinate system? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:12:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why left-handed coordinate system?
From: Peter Popov
Date: 15 Nov 2002 06:17:50
Message: <1bl9tu0gfn02dlqs439c5op6h34ieogrp9@4ax.com>
On Fri, 15 Nov 2002 12:41:45 +0530, kav### [at] delete_thisfocalimagecom
(Kaveh) wrote:

>Is there a specific reason why POV-ray uses a left-handed coordinate
>system?

Left-handed people have, on average, an IQ about 5 points higher than
the average for right-handed people. That's the reason that the
POV-Team has in its long history *only* accepted left-handed people in
its ranks. The only right-handed person in there is Lutz Kretzschmar
(author of Moray) and they've been trying to get rid of him for years,
but after the hit squad took down the wrong guy for the 11th time
because Chris Cason *again* misspelled Lutz's name, they gave it up
and let him go on with his heresy for the sake of the POV community
(the last one of false victims was, by mishap, a volunteer who taught
POV in a community school in Zaire).

How do I know? Well, being a TAG member, I have certain privileges.
Though after what I just disclosed, you might not hear from me
anymore...

Tongue *so* deep in the cheek it almost comes out of the ear :)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg