POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Re: Can I pay someone to add this from MegaPov? : Re: Can I pay someone to add this from MegaPov? Server Time
2 May 2024 19:48:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can I pay someone to add this from MegaPov?
From: INVALID ADDRESS
Date: 29 Dec 2016 22:31:22
Message: <1932905183.504759881.707540.gdsHYPHENentropyAThotmaolDOTcom@news.povray.org>
omniverse <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:
> Oh yeah, if I remember this, I bought a book for Chris Cason. Looking at
> amazon.com I still see "POV-Ray Team Co-ordinator" in the Your Friends list.
> Other than that I only see a couple buys for myself, Ray Tracing Creations (two
> from 2001, 2006) and the Ray Tracing Worlds books (2006).
>
> And there was that great key fob made possible by some people. I bought 3 so I
> could give one away and put another away to be untouched over time. Other than
> that I hadn't put any money toward POV-Ray... until now.

Is there still a wish list for main Pov that anyone is aware of?

I would like to have a chat with main Pov devs too, to see what if anything
I could coordinate or work out with them to help. I may need to wait until
the UberPov effort is a little more established and proven though. Who
knows, but so far I think it has been pretty successful, and will become
more so over time.

> I will look at that, too, besides only GoFundMe for UberPOV.
>
> Offering inclusion in the About POV-Ray pop-up by scrolling a list of donor
> names seems like a nice way to keep things going... if this kind of thing is an
> okay idea.

Yep, I am fine with whatever.

Ian