POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray problem : Re: Povray problem Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:18:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray problem
From: Peter Popov
Date: 18 Nov 1999 02:30:05
Message: <16kzOL4tKKvEUUAn2LeeonZci5Pk@4ax.com>
On Mon, 15 Nov 1999 13:52:57 -0500, "Bill DeWitt"
<the### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:

>I suddenly have a problem with Povray. Everytime I turn off my computer, I
>have to reinstall povray to get it to run. Has anyone had this problem? Is
>this where I should discuss this (I don't think it's a bug) ?

Looks like a hardware-driver-software incopatibility problem. These
are the hardest to fix, and include things like rebuilding the whole
driver database (by deleting all devices in the hardware profile),
switching cards (modem, LAN, video, 3DFx, SCSI etc.) and ports,
banning ports, and ripping out all extra hardware and putting it in
one by one until windoze starts to die.

Did you try running it under Linux/Wine? If it still hangs, then you
might have a MB/RAM/CPU problem, maybe something as simple as CPU
cooling.

For now, try to run it in the windows safe mode.

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700