POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PovRay Google Trends : Re: PovRay Google Trends Server Time
1 Jul 2024 15:07:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PovRay Google Trends
From: INVALID ADDRESS
Date: 15 Nov 2016 19:14:53
Message: <1541650359.500946107.015656.gdsHYPHENentropyAThotmaolDOTcom@news.povray.org>
David Buck <dav### [at] simberoncom> wrote:
> Funny you should mention TrueSpace. I met up with the author and founder
> of the company - Roman Ormandy.  We discussed having me write a new
> rendering back-end for TrueSpace to allow for raytracing and other
> things.  We never started on the project but it was great meeting him.
> We both admired each others' work.
>
> David Buck

Oh man that would have been awesome! TrueSpace with Pov Power...

This is yet another reason for me to never forgive Microsoft for what they
did to TrueSpace, which was an act of digital terrorism IMO. Like DAZ
essentially killing Carrara and Bryce. I'd rather they open source it than
let the product die.

Ian