POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : silly use of pov : Re: silly use of pov Server Time
5 Jul 2024 09:48:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: silly use of pov
From: Pete
Date: 26 May 2001 15:05:19
Message: <1401.543T2951T12726116PeterC@nym.alias.net>
Bob H (omn### [at] msncom) wrote:

>Fascinating.  Do you work as a chef there or is your brain turning to
>oatmeal because of the job you do?  Sorry, these are the jokes, they don't
>get any funnier.  :-D

        My co-workers all got a laugh out of it.  The whole idea was
to come up with truly strange meals out of combinations of components
of ordinary meals.  The day after I posted it, I looked on the menu
and saw something that the script had come up with the day before!
Funny!

>It's really quite a work of macroing and file writing.  One problem though,
>it had errors.  A couple word wraps in the pov file and a parenthesis at the
>ends of the first two '#render' lines of the inc file.

        The Chris Colefax city include taught me all I know.  It is a
wonderful collection of files to read for instruction on the
possibilities of povray as a programming tool.
        Yeah.  Word wrap stinks.  When I read the message after it
was posted, it came up on my newsreader as double spaced!  DOh!

>I'm just complaining because the menu looks so much better than what I have
>to eat here.

        Hmm: the meals are not supposed to be appatising.  I mean, do you
really want a "marinated blackened salad omelete" or a "glazed taco"?
        So I guess you were able to get it to work despite the
word wrap problems?  Feel free to tweak and spread the .pov if you find
it useful.