POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Amapi is free : Re: Amapi is free Server Time
4 Aug 2024 20:13:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Amapi is free
From: Peter Popov
Date: 18 Apr 2003 03:12:12
Message: <139v9voqshe654qvepp6n3ojd1oar4qrgu@4ax.com>
On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 20:15:16 +0200, "Gilles Tran" <tra### [at] inapginrafr>
wrote:

>Well, my reference in 3D modelling is Rhino, which I have always found to be
>one of the most intuitive piece of software ever (among complex ones of
>course).

Ditto that. The curious thing is, Rhino started out as an AutoCAD
plug-in and this is evident everywhere. It has kept all of the AutoCAD
good points in terms of interface (command line, object snapping &
extending etc.) but has gone to a completely new level of useability
by introducing new and logical elements which AutoCAD has never had
and will probably never have (it's too darn conservative).

AutoCAD is still better for drawing and sketching, though, but of
course that's what it was intended to do in the first place. That's
why I always model in Rhino and export to AutoCAD for the engineering
drawing when I make some design (like my current loudspeaker-to-be).

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg