POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PovRay Google Trends : Re: PovRay Google Trends Server Time
3 Jul 2024 15:25:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PovRay Google Trends
From: INVALID ADDRESS
Date: 15 Nov 2016 15:53:48
Message: <1354698101.500935158.348000.gdsHYPHENentropyAThotmaolDOTcom@news.povray.org>
ingo <ing### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>> Maybe someone should get involved with Blender UI development, and
>> implement an alternative UI for noobs, exposing only a subset of the
>> features, [...]
>
> one "GUI" for one task, blend out everything else. Push all GUI elements
> to a second screen.
>
> Ingo

The blender UI, rumor had it long ago, was intentionally (or
retro-intentionally) obfuscated in order to fund the app by selling manuals
and such. At least that was the rumor years ago, and after using it
(well...trying to) I could totally buy that conjecture. ;D

Or it could have been a consequence of design-by-committee. :p

I have not attempted to do so in years though, and based on the
conversation here perhaps it is time I did.

My ideal UI would be like TrueSpace 3 + Bryce + Houdini.
Hell, Houdini is frankly in my opinion perfect. I just cannot afford it,
though there is a free version and a cheap version I like to own full
versions, so Lightwave haha!

Ian