POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Connection costs : Re: Connection costs Server Time
14 Aug 2024 11:23:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Connection costs
From: Redaelli Paolo
Date: 18 Feb 1970 08:56:56
Message: <1255.353T2815T8963739@inc.it>
>I use a cable modem ( up to 500 Kbs ) and it smokes!!
>I get charged $55 per. month for 1Gbyte of traffic and 24hr/day
>connect time, ( this is cool because I can connect to my home machine
>from work) + 3-Email addresses and 5mbytes of storage on the providers
>server.
8-/

>I've heard most that most of the users in Europe are basically screwed
>blue by their telecomms. Is this true ? How do my charges compare to
>yours ? What about the US, how do your charges compare ?
I'm Padanian, (slaves of the tyrannic Italian government)
and I'm charged 1$ for 1 hour of Inet connection over a 33k6
modem.... for an entire month I would end up paying some
744$!!!
And cable modem connection are impossible! No cables....
And these prices are ONLY for connections...
The ISP service is more or less 160-170US$ a year... they're
cheaper...

/ Redaelli Paolo EMail: red### [at] incit | Known as Tybor on #Amiga, \
| POV-Team Amiga                        | #AmIrc and #AmigaIta      |
| Fantasy home page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Vault/4950     |