POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : With all the talk of color, HCY : Re: With all the talk of color, HCY Server Time
25 Apr 2024 22:25:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: With all the talk of color, HCY
From: INVALID ADDRESS
Date: 1 Dec 2016 13:30:21
Message: <1144880560.502307189.825278.gdsHYPHENentropyAThotmaolDOTcom@news.povray.org>
In my attempt to locate documentation about HCY, I found out there are
about 15 more color models than I had any idea existed, found huge volumes
of code for conversion between them all, and downloaded it all. :p

Apparently Hcy was invented by a guy named Kazuma Shapran, and he is
impossible to find an email address for.

The following has everything plus many I have never heard of, just no HCY
http://scijs.net/color-space
github.com/scijs/color-space

I found once called HSI, which does seem to have some backing in academia,
though to what degree I do not know:

cs.umb.edu/~marc/cs675/cvs09-17.pdf

There are other such documents.

Here is another one with a huge list of models, some not found in scijs
(this does have HCY):

github.com/acterhd/death-color

This person has some degree of documentation for som of the models as well.

github.com/portnov/color-palette

russellcottrell.com/photo/colorTransformer2.html

This is all I could find of even marginal use.

At least I now have many new models to use in my RD art, regardless of
their mathematical veracity. It doesn't matter so much for that though. ;-)

Who knows, maybe someone will find this useful.

Ian