POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stereo Rendering? : Re: Stereo Rendering? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:15:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stereo Rendering?
From: Pete
Date: 17 Jun 2001 12:56:57
Message: <1111.567T1999T13475028PeterC@nym.alias.net>
Bill DeWitt wrote:

>    Actually just setting up the mirrors has been fairly simple. Making them
>move with the camera as it pans and sweeps while keeping the mirrors pointed
>at the look_at point is the hard part...

        When I want an object to move with the camera, I don't use
the look_at command.  Instead, I locate the camera at the origin <0, 0, 0>
Set the direction vector to <0, 0, 1> and then use rotations and
translation to point the camera.  I then use the same rotations and
translations on the object(s) that move with the camera.  Warning:
attempting to use a transform on a camera generates odd error
messages, so instead write a transform macro and call it from both
the camera and the object that is to move with the camera.

 #macro camera_trans()
   rotate x*7 // or whatever
   rotate y*18
   translate <0, 1, -10>
 #end

 camera {
   location 0
   direction <0, 1, 1>
   right <(640 / 480), 0, 0>
   up <0, 1, 0>
   camera_trans()
 }

 object {
   whatever
   no_shadow  // kind of handy
   translate <0, 0, 1> // so it is a little in front of the camera
   camera_trans()
 }

Pete