POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : OBJECT IDEA : Re: OBJECT IDEA Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:15:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OBJECT IDEA
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 18 Jul 2002 14:22:58
Message: <1103_1027016465@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 17 Jul 2002 14:17:46 -0500, Christopher James Huff <chr### [at] maccom> wrote:
> BTW, your Followup-To header seems to be scrambled somehow...it says
> "chr### [at] netplexaussieorg" in that message for
> some reason. It seems messed up in other messages of yours as well. At
> least, MT-NewsWatcher chokes on it when I try to reply to one of your
> messages, I have to manually change the Newsgroups header to the correct
> group.

Yeah. I know. The problem is that I am using Opera and have to manually edit the
stupid
follow-up field to get it to post in the right thread (or any thread but a new one). I
have asked
for advice from someone else as to which of the various bits and pieces of the message
header that I need to fix it, but no one has given me a good answer... :p Opera just
won't
do it correctly, my version of Outlook is bugged (crashes on POP3 accounts, but not
hotmail's
html... figure that one out... lol) and I am reluctant to install still another
program on my comp
that may not work any better. :p I figured out that using the message ID correctly
posted it to
the thread, but... Do I use the xref field instead or something else? I just have no
clue and
people I have asked don't seem to know either or want to enlighten me...

Frankly I like being able to click on a custom html menu I made to go straight to the
POV
forums as well as ones for another program, several comics, etc., but there are a lot
of things I
hate about Opera's email/news, including the fact that it insists on posting using a
proportional
font, and reading in a fixed one. A 'feature' that also can't apparently be fix this
either. :p
It would almost be easier to write one as an COM program and call it through a
Javascript link
on my menu. lol But then I would still have to know what is actually broken in Opera.
lol