POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: choosing CPU : Re: choosing CPU Server Time
14 Aug 2024 03:24:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: choosing CPU
From: Redaelli Paolo
Date: 3 Apr 1970 08:53:19
Message: <1101.397T955T8931263@inc.it>
>Mathias Broxvall wrote:
>Seriously though, you can't compare photoshop on the G3 and PII as
>photoshop is native to the mac platform...but I will admit that the G3
>is faster than the PII, as I have seen it render lightwave images faster
>than an equivalent PII. But if you want real fpu performance at a
>resonable cost, Dec Alphas seem to be top of the list. And you can get

... you're quite wrong. The inner core on Photoshop is written in C or C++, therefore
the Mac and Win version are as fast as they can be being native code (PPC for Mac, x86
for Win).
It is a fact that last Intel chips are slower than PPC.

/ Redaelli Paolo EMail: red### [at] incit | Known as Tybor on #Amiga, \
| POV-Team Amiga                        | #AmIrc and #AmigaIta      |
| Fantasy home page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Vault/4950     |