POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Amiga HAM display : Re: Amiga HAM display Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:23:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Amiga HAM display
From: Pete
Date: 17 Jun 2001 12:56:55
Message: <1022.568T1899T7135596PeterC@nym.alias.net>
>    Does anyone know when a patch or update will be available to bring back
>the HAM6/8 display mode that was used in POVRay1.0 for Amigas?

I always wondered why the people who did the amiga port of POVRay
didn't reuse the existing (working) ham6 display code from DKB Render.

>would be also nice as I currently use the tga2gif tool included with POVRay1
>to convert the Targa output of POVRay 3.1 into a useable format on the
>Amiga.

There is a targa file datatype on aminet.  You can view .TGA files
directly.  Kind of handy.  Targa is a great file format because it
is simple and allows an alpha channel and most software on any
platform can read it.  The files do get large, though.  :)

I believe that DKB Render had a CLI tga to ham converter included
in the package, but it's been so long since I used it so I could
be mistaken.

Also; the targa file format is not that difficult parse.  I'de be
surprised if there were not some good freeware converters on aminet
to convert TGA to iff24 or even to ham8.

Pete