POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : anti-aliasing : Re: More methods? was Re: anti-aliasing Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:18:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More methods? was Re: anti-aliasing
From: Peter Popov
Date: 14 Feb 2002 08:46:36
Message: <0lsm6uojftunmpn723n8fs5kks20gmf7ak@4ax.com>
On Thu, 14 Feb 2002 02:44:09 -0500, "Timothy R. Cook"
<tim### [at] scifi-fantasycom> wrote:

>I remember my HS chemistry book that had a small portion of
>Heisenberg's uncertainty formula, and an image of the solution
>to the whole thing...if THAT can be done, I'm sure a complex
>isosurface with noise and an atanh julia fractal could be done ;)

Who says it wasn't sampled?

Come on, sight is a set of functions of three dimensions: u and v of
the retina and t of time. They are continuous functions both in domain
and range. The only generic way to integrate a continuous function
over some interval is numerically, by sampling.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg