POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Numeric performance : Re: Numeric performance Server Time
9 Oct 2024 14:33:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Numeric performance
From: Stephen
Date: 16 Feb 2009 06:48:58
Message: <0lkip4hskcrrlsgbr41m4i06fpsgvpp597@4ax.com>
On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 09:54:56 +0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

>I have conclusively demonstrated that Haskell is many orders of
>magnitude slower than C even for a trivial program.

But what about non trivial problems?

I'm sure that Haskell was not developed for adding lots of numbers. (Not
counting the fact that is what all computers do ;) ) What does it do well, why
not try checking it against C++ with something it is designed for?

As for wasting you time, if you enjoyed yourself the time was not wasted.
Remember the old saying. Don't get depressed, get even.
--

Regards
     Stephen