POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : HF not lighting properly? : Re: HF not lighting properly? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 18:22:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HF not lighting properly?
From: Peter Popov
Date: 7 Aug 2002 13:04:03
Message: <0lk2luc6sum2ueap1ubi1e46our7q9v46s@4ax.com>
On Wed,  7 Aug 2002 10:55:38 EDT, "D. Stark"
<dir### [at] GODHOWIHATESPAMlemongeckoorg> wrote:

>I also intersected the height field with a cube to "fill-in"
>the back side (now it's not hollow).

I think this shows your problems - height fields don't always work
with CSG because they were never meant to. I had the exact same
problem just a couple of days ago and ended up using an isosurface
instead.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg