POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray web site : Re: povray web site Server Time
5 Aug 2024 12:19:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray web site
From: Peter Popov
Date: 3 Nov 2002 12:42:01
Message: <0gnasuchepirnq98oo7lspu11m946al4kt@4ax.com>
On Sun, 3 Nov 2002 21:39:11 -0500, "Christopher James Huff"
<cja### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:

>No. We covered this pretty well in *.off-topic...the actual size of pixels
>varies widely, measuring things in pixels only ensures it will either be too
>large or too small when people use a screen with a different size or
>resolution. An actual size unit is always better for measuring size. You
>should *never* use pixels to measure size.

While this is true, most people settle at a resolution where the pixel
size is comfortable to them. I can run my 15" monitor at home in
1600x1200 but I don't, because then it's impossible to use my computer
anymore (ever tried to click a 3x3 mm PhotoShop palette icon?) Also,
everything else uses pixels, so if you don't want your icon label to
be 6 times the size of your icon, you should also stick to pixel sizes
for fonts, too.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg