POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My first nomogram : Re: My first nomogram Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:26:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My first nomogram
From: Stephen
Date: 29 Jun 2008 04:22:10
Message: <0fhe645r4v6gtc8arse6khqkar4oqqhvhe@4ax.com>
On 29 Jun 2008 03:20:22 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>Orchid XP v8 <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>> Why do people post their POV-Ray renderings?
>
>  Maybe because this is a POV-Ray news server, and people who visit this
>server usually are interested in POV-Ray renderings?
>
>> Because they might amuse somebody...
>
>  I just can't understand what's so amusing about a PDF file which contains
>some simple numbers and lines.

Lay off him Warp, and I for one find these things interesting, not
amusing. I've got a small collection of slide rules that I think are
intrinsically beautiful. So just looking at the marks on the paper is
intellectually satisfying, to me. I had forgotten about nomograms
until Andrew posted. I'm glad that he reminded me.
You really don't understand what "information" is at a conceptual
level, do you?
Also this is off topic and it would be a pretty boring party if
everyone talked about the same thing. If Andrew's posts annoy you just
blacklist him then you won't be irritated by his musings. Your tirades
against him are beginning (?) to sound like bullying.

--

Regards
     Stephen