POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : SMPOV Version 1 is ready * Distribute your picture over 600 CPU's or render it on your DUAL Board : Re: SMPOV Version 1 is ready * Distribute your picture over 600 CPU's or render it on your DUAL Board Server Time
3 Jul 2024 01:18:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SMPOV Version 1 is ready * Distribute your picture over 600 CPU's or render it on your DUAL Board
From: ABX
Date: 14 Aug 2002 07:54:45
Message: <0egklu86kkis2n8ioan672qietv616eept@4ax.com>
On Wed, 14 Aug 2002 13:10:50 +0200, "Theo Gottwald *"
<The### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> Download this 129 kb und you can render your next picture on 100 PC's at the
> same time
> AND you can use all local avaible CPU's. = distributed computing.

Sound interesting. I hope it also works interesting. I have not started/tested
it yet but I have some suggestions you could consider for next version. Should
I express it ?

> - Render your picture on as many CPU's as you can get.
>   No diffrence if they are local or in any PC in the Network.

What should be started on other computers ?

> - All explanations in english PLUS english Readme.txt with an detailed,
> in-depth explanation (as good as I can :-).

A web page is not in english as far as I can see

> - High-Speed picture-appender (puts 100 Tiles together while you hold your
> breath).

Does it hurts ? ;-)

> Further:
> - no need of any instrallation under W2k

Does it work under nt4 ?

> - no Need of any installation on any Client-PC (I did not test it under W9x
> however).

I don't get it. So how it starts instances ib client-pc ? I plan to use it on
some important computers and don'w want be surprized with some hacks.

> AND THE BEST:                                      ITS FREE.

Does this mean it is legal and you have full rights to distribute binaries ?
Would it be possible to publish source files to compile it? Using it on
important machines could be dangerous so I prefer compile it myself.

> Can there be a link somewhere on the POV-Site ?

You can send request to Ken to add link to pov-links collection.

> Explanation and screen-shots (at time of this writing in work):
> http://www.it-berater.org/smpov.htm

Screenshots are not readable since can't be zoomed.

> Why I need this program (Look the pic):
> http://www.theogott.de/seite1.htm

Can't read dvd titles ;-)

ABX